Best-Ever Flan Recipe
1 ¾ cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Whole Milk
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar, Divided
3 Large Eggs
3 Large Egg Yolks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk to combine cream, milk, vanilla and salt.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup sugar with 1/3 cup water. Cook, gently swirling the pot but not stirring, until mixture turns a deep golden color, 8 to 9 minutes. (Tip: use a pastry brush dipped in water to clean the inner sides of the pan and avoid burning while making your caramel.) Working quickly, divide caramel into seven 6-ounce ramekins. Gently lift and tilt ramekins to coat the inside with caramel. Place ramekins in a large baking dish.
Whisk eggs, egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar together in a large bowl. Gently mix in cream mixture until just combined. Divide mixture evenly between ramekins, about 1/2 cup each.
Pour enough hot water into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until just set and flan slightly jiggles, 45 to 50 minutes . Transfer ramekins to a cooling rack and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, use a small knife or offset spatula to carefully loosen the edges of the flan. If refrigerated, warm in microwave in 10 second increments for 30 seconds. Turn flan over onto a plate, shake gently to release flan and remove ramekin.
No-Bake Mint Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
1 15.25 Ounce Package Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies (or mint Oreos)
¼ cup Butter (1/2 stick)
8 oz Package Cream Cheese
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
8 oz Container Cool Whip
3.90 oz Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 cups Cold Milk
1 tsp Mint Extract
2 – 3 Drops Green Food Coloring
Prepare chocolate pudding according to directions on the box, using the 2 cups of cold milk. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
Put Oreos in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
In a medium sized bowl combine melted butter and Oreo crumbs and mix well.
Grease the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish.
Press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish and place in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
In a separate medium sized bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
Stir in 1 cup of cool whip, 1/2 tsp. mint extract and 2-3 drops of food coloring.
Spread this mixture over the crust.
Spread pudding over the cream cheese layer.
Mix remaining cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract and 2-3 drops food coloring together.
Spread over the pudding layer.
Top with mini chocolate chips.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Tres Leches Cake
1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Kosher salt
5 Large eggs, separated
1 ¼ cups Granulated sugar, divided
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
½ cup Milk
¼ cup Melted butter, cooled
For the Filling
1 14 oz. Can sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz. Can evaporated milk
½ cup Whole milk
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
For the Whipped Cream
2 cups Heavy Cream
½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Cinnamon-sugar
Sliced strawberries for serving
1) Cake: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2) In another bowl using a hand mixer, beat together egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar until stiff ribbons trail behind beater, then beat in vanilla and set aside.
3) In a third large bowl using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form and gradually add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
4) Add yolk mixture to dry ingredients and beat together. Add in milk and melted butter and beat until combined. Gently fold in egg whites until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean, 30 minutes. Let cool.
5) Meanwhile make filling: In a medium bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk and vanilla. Using a fork, poke holes all over cake, then pour milk mixture evenly over cake. Cover and place in refrigerator until all of the mixture is absorbed, at least 1 hour.
6) When ready to serve make whipped cream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Frost cake with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Serve with strawberries or other fresh fruit.
Shortbread Lemon Tart
3 large eggs
1 ¼ cups sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp grated orange zest
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup confectioners sugar
½ cup ground almonds
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
½ cup butter, cubed
additional confectioners sugar
fresh raspberries, optional
1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest. Whisk in butter until smooth. Set aside.
3. For crust, pulse first six ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a ball. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
4. Pour lemon mixture into crust. Bake until center is almost set, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving sprinkle with confectioners sugar and, if desired, fresh raspberries.
Lemon Zucchini Cake
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 eggs, room temperature
⅓ cup vanilla almondmilk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
2 cups cake flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
1 ½ cups shredded zucchini, dranied and squeezed dry
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp or 2 lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
5. Add eggs and almondmilk and whisk together.
6. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
7. Add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
8. Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
9. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
10. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Use the parchment paper to carefully lift the cake from the pan. let cool completely on rack.
1. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
2. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
3. Slice, serve and enjoy.